Pediatric Urgent Care Clinic Q&A
If you need urgent medical care for your child, and you can’t reach your pediatrician, your next best option is a pediatric urgent care like Ahava Medical. Patients can be seen on a walk-in basis through our urgent care or can make an appointment by calling or booking online. We have convenient locations to serve patients in Liberty NY, Williamsburg Brooklyn NY, Flatbush Brooklyn NY.
Table of Contents:
The best medical care for a child is at their pediatrician’s office; however, at times your pediatrician’s office isn’t available for appointments or closed, and kids don’t wait for office hours to get sick or injured. Ahava Medical is available for you when you need us the most. When visiting our clinic, remember the following:
- Bring all of the information to the clinic about your child including their immunization records
- Let the provider know if your child has any allergies, we need to be made aware of, as well as a list of medications your child is currently on
- Mention any conditions like asthma or diabetes
- Request the information regarding your visit with us be sent to your pediatrician’s office, so they can maintain a complete file of your child’s care, as well as follow up if need be
Pediatric urgent care is an urgent care that’s main focus is on the urgent care of children under the age of 21. Pediatric urgent cares provide a faster and less expensive option to the emergency room.
Pediatric urgent care doctors can provide treatment for multiple things including:
– Immunizations & Vaccinations
– Chronic Illnesses
– Sports Injuries
– Coughs, Colds, Sore Throat & Flu
– Ear Infections or Ear Aches
– Cuts or Minor gashes
– Abdominal Pain
– Strep Throat
– Broken bones
– Pink Eye
Kids get hurt, often. They are learning how to do new things, start getting confident and trying to do new things, or just get over-excited. They run into walls, jump off their beds, stick things up their nose or in their ears. Whatever the reason, all kids do silly things, one thing is for sure, we can count on them injuring themselves or getting sick during the times their pediatrician’s office is closed.
Pediatric Urgent cares are available for minor, non-life-threatening situations. Assessment is critical no matter the age, but it is detrimental in pediatrics, children often can fully explain the symptoms they are feeling or what they are going through, this is why it is so crucial to assess each individual patient that walks through our doors.
However, there are times when a child is faced with a true emergency, this is where an emergency room visit becomes necessary and essential for your child. Some of the top reasons to visit an emergency room include:
– Behavioral change followed by loss of consciousness
– Head injury followed by disorientation, headache, and vomiting
– Bleeding that won’t stop
– Blue or purple lips or skin
– Conditions requiring blood test results immediately
– Electric shock
– Fever in infants
– Large burns
– Smoke inhalation
– Loose teeth or teeth that have been removed
– Severe to persistent abdominal pain
– Difficulty breathing
– Decrease in responsiveness
– Sudden impact injuries like a car or bicycle accident, a fall, etc.
– Testicular pain or injuries
– Severe dizziness
Absolutely we do! We pride ourselves in providing top-quality and high-rated care to anyone in the cities and neighboring counties looking for pediatric urgent care in New York. At Ahava Medical Clinic, we provided urgent care, medical care, rehabilitation, and physical therapy to families across New York Liberty NY, Williamsburg Brooklyn NY, Flatbush Brooklyn NY, Ferndale NY, Swan Lake NY, Harris NY, Staten Island NY, Ozone Park NY.
If you are in need of our pediatric urgent care medical services, visit us today by simply walking in or booking an appointment online through our appointments app or by calling us. We Serve Patients from Liberty NY, Williamsburg Brooklyn NY, Flatbush Brooklyn NY, Ferndale NY, Swan Lake NY, Staten Island NY, Harris NY, and Ozone Park NY, Queens NY, Manhattan New York NY and surrounding areas.